1995 yamaha Does it have an Isolated Charging Circuit

Slacker2

Cadet
I have a 95 Yamaha 150 TLRT does anyone know if this motor has an Isolated charging circuit in addition to the regular charging circuit that can be used to charge another battery. IF so is it the red wire on the starboard side of the motor just to the rear of the shift bracket with a 30A fuse in line and then the wire is capped off (dead ends and is insulated )?

Mod2

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: 1995 yamaha Does it have an Isolated Charging Circuit

Moving to Yamaha & Suzuki Outboard forum.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

>Thats the one. that capped off wire is the isolated charging circuit wire. you can make your own harness with 10ga wire or buy the one from yamaha.

Slacker2

Cadet

Rodbolt, I have three batteries on my boat. 2 for the 24v trolling motor and 1 for starting. One of my 24v system batteries runs my live well, electronics etc. I have a battery switch and can now charge my starting battery, or one of my trolling motor batteries or both via the battery switch. Can I use this isolated circuit to charge the other trolling motor battery while fishing without having to open the 24v system while charging? This would let me charge one trolling motor with one circuit and at the same time be able to charge my other 2 batteries with the system with a Isolator in the circuit.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

I dont see why not, just remember not to switch while running and keep everything at 12v.

jak

Cadet

Rodbolt, I have that same capped red wire with the 30A fuse on my 94 150TRXC. I was lead to believe that the carbed engines didn't have the isolated charging circuit. Have I been misinformed? I installed a Blue Sea Automatic Charging Relay (ACR) so that I could charge two batteries from what I thought was the only charging source. <br />Regards, John

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

I would have to look at the product guide and I dont have it here in venezuela but sometime about 94 or 95 all v6 motors without the C prefix had the isolator. but if anyone has a copy of the product guide its listed, if not it will have to wait till I return to the states after the 15th.