Yamaha 200 EFI fuel pump

radard

Recruit
I have a 2000 Yamaha 200 EFI. The engine consistently cuts off after a minute or two at high rpm. Runs perfect at low rpm and idle. New fuel pump was recommended. Would like opinion prior to purchasing the expensive part.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: Yamaha 200 EFI fuel pump

I would clean the VST pump filter first or maybe do just a wee bit o testing in accordance with the service manual on fuel system vacum. <br /> that pump is about 700 dollars. usually its a work or not work device. usually its a fuel restriction. when was the last service of the VST pump?

bigbrownbuku

Master Chief Petty Officer

check to see if your delivery pumps have clear diaphragms. if yes change them. if they havent been serviced in the last 2 years change them anyway. had the exact problem on an sx200txry this summer, fuel pressure would be solid for about 90 seconds at wot then jump 5 to 30psi and rpm would fall right off. basically the vst was running out of gas from a ruptured diaphragm in 1 low pressure pump (would run all day at 4000rpm). i changed all the pumps (cheaper to change then rekit) and the high pressure pump because i didnt trust it after it had run outta gas numerous times.

radard

Recruit

Thank you. Could you ID the VST pump for me.