Suzuki DT2

gibletts

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a couple of questions someone may be able to help me with. Firstly can you tell the year of the above motor from the serial \ model number? 0201 673706? Second thing I need to take a look at the impellor, I assume from other outboards I have had the bottom units drops off and away you go, The problem is I dont know how to release the lower unit, I get the couple of bolts off at the lower unit, it drops a few mm, I take it there is something else that needs to be released at the other end of the crank?<br /><br />Thanks dm

beaus

Recruit
Re: Suzuki DT2

Gibletts,<br /><br /> If it's like my 4hp Suzuki there is a rubber plug on the righthand side facing the rear of the engine. You have to remove this rubber plug to gain access to the shift rod, the two rods meet at this point so loosen the phillip head bolt and the lower unit will come off. One word of advice is to mark the **** rods as to help with replacing the lower unit so the motor will shift correctly. Goodluck.

gibletts

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Suzuki DT2

Thanks beaus, mine has only forward gear so theres no shift rod to disconnect, the lower unit feels close to comming off with just the bolts removed but I am a bit reluctant to try and force it off, I hope to get my hands on the manual for the thing and hopefully that will show me the way.<br /><br />cheers dm

CReisinger

Recruit
I know this is a very old forum, but can anyone tell me the compression on my DT2? I think it's an '89. It has plenty of spark and I'm spraying starting fluid into the carb and have sprayed into the cylinder too and get noting at all. Pulled the flywheel off and the key is intact, so the timing should be good.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
10 years old is too old a thread to be asking questions in and those with the answers don't usually look at old threads. Please start a new topic of your own. Look at the Help Tips on top of the page.