oil reset on suzuki 100 hp v4

chanice

Seaman Apprentice
oil level ok but cant reset the limiter comes in and warning bleeps on and off any suggestions welcome

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: oil reset on suzuki 100 hp v4

are you sure its the level alarm and not the flow alarm?

chanice

Seaman Apprentice

to rodbolt<br />if you mean water flow I have masses of water from telltale <br />the engine starts well and runs well but as soon as I get to 4000 the warning bleeps on and off<br />if I try to go over 4000 the limiter cuts me down to 2500/3000 and will run at that ok

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

that engine has sensors for water flow and temp that can and do fail. it also has a sensor for oil level in the tank. and it has a small plastic filter between the oil tank and the pump that also contains a flow restricion alarm sender. if the oil pump tries to "pull" oil and the filter is restricted from to much maint the switch will close and sound the alarm.<br /> sounds like you need the multifunction meter installed. masses of water from the tell tale is just an indication the pump is working not that any cooling system problems are not occuring. the meter will tell you what alarm is triggered.<br /> the oil reset is just that. its a reset to clear a oil related alarm. <br /> of course a year model would help as the systems did change a bit over the years. next time ya ask for your car parts just tell the guy at the counter what color it is, see how many parts ya get :) .

chanice

Seaman Apprentice

thanks for the info the engine is 1999. unfortunatly I do not have access to much suzuki info their not very popular over here ,and there was no owners handbooks or setup info with the engine. multifuction meter not available.as regards "maint" Ihave no idea if it had too much or too little thats what i,m trying to fix at the moment thanks ,once again for your help much appreciated,

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

usually if you maintain it ya dont have to fix it.<br /> your going to have to order some literature. or take it to a shop.<br />without the multifunction meter you have no way of deteriming if its overheat,water flow, oil flow, or low oil level. all will do the same as far as speed reduction.<br /> for the oil flow. remove the square plastic sensor inline between the tank and the pump. dissasemble it and check the filter screen for debris.<br /> what your describing will either be a oil flow alarm or an overheat.<br /> leaking head gaskets and worn pumps will give those classic symptome. the oil flow alarm will as well cause it needs more oil at higher speeds<br />or it could be a false alarm<br /> but you will need a service manual and you should order the electrical trouble shooting manual