Yamaha 703 remote control wiring diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.

perdidojoe

Cadet
I have a Yamaha 703 remote control I bought on ebay. I have no manual so I have no idea what the wires coming out of the box were intended to go to. <br />I changed from a Mariner 45 to a f40 Yamaha on my pontoon boat and have grown much nuttier since I changed and have begun walking and talking in my sleep because of it. I'm trying to figger out just exactly what I got here.<br />Any help from from you guys or gals would sure be appreciated. I dream of wires, and wires all colors and sizes<br />My wife has called the nutfarm, they're commin ta get me Monday, I wanna cruise one time before they take me away so please hurry with info!!!<br />Perdido Key, Fl., dead hit by Ivan, toooooo close by Katrina, God help the people of New Orleans!<br />Thanks

bigbrownbuku

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Yamaha 703 remote control wiring diagram

usually 4 wires from that box. yellow is ignition supply to guages, green is tach signal, red is constant 12v for digital speedo memory (wont turn on without it), black is ground. some boxs have no red wire.

Hi,

I just installed the 703 side controls for a 40 hp Yamaha. I ran the wire harness and plugged it into the motor.

Now I have approximatley 6 other wires coming from the control box that have black rubber plugs in them. What do I have to do to get power to the engine? Thank you

jack frease

Recruit

my side mount 703 remote control box did not come with a wiring diagram for the tach, volt meter or other gauges. please send me one.

jack frease@msn.com

burghangler

Cadet

My control box has the yellow, green, black and red. I don't have a digital speedo, will I need to hook up the red to constant 12v?

I have this same problem trying get power to the engine 703 control box to 2001 yamaha 40 Cable is connected but not power. What do I need to do get power to the engines I have no gages or speedometer.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I have this same problem trying get power to the engine 703 control box to 2001 yamaha 40 Cable is connected but not power. What do I need to do get power to the engines I have no gages or speedometer.

Please start a new thread. This is 13 years old and old threads tend to be ignored.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.