Yamaha Multifunction Gauge Temp Indicator

slow530

Cadet
Greetings<br />'97 Yamaha S115 TXRV - Temp indicator on digital gauge shows when I turn on the key. Had an over temp condition...seaweed...that caused the audible alarm to go off. Temp indicator on gauge did not light. Traced the wiring from gauge back to the stb side of engine. The orange, black and pink continue on at a square connector. The gray wire dead ends to an empty factory push connector. Is there a harness or connection that needs to be made to get the temp indicator to work on the gauge? Thanks for any advice. Great site by the way... spend way too much time here.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: Yamaha Multifunction Gauge Temp Indicator

somewher under the pan is the other gray or gray/black wire. it has to be plugged into the harness at the engine that goes from the engine to the gauges.. its the visual indicate lead.

slow530

Cadet

Thanks! I'll have a look and let you know back...surprised I didn't notice it sooner.

slow530

Cadet

Pigtail discovered and connected!! I now can tell the difference on the gauge when the audible goes off if there is an oil or heat problem. Simple fixes are very rewarding. Thanks again.