Help Identify Ignition Part, Yamaha F30

KennyBradley

Seaman Apprentice
Hi,<br /><br />I have a 2001 Yamaha F30 4-stroke with a Motorola CDI unit. There is a small ignition component I am trying to identify because the wires have broken off it a I can’t seem to find it on the Yamaha online parts diagrams.<br /><br />It is a small black cylinder about ½” diameter and 1” long. It has “0106Y1” printed on the side and “STANLEY DE64” stamped on the end. It has two grey wires coming out of it with bullet connectors. One wire joins onto an orange wire which goes back to the CDI and is common to all 3 ignition coils. The other wire goes to earth.<br /><br />I can’t understand what it’s purpose is. I get a good spark with it disconnected. It measures about 2M ohms in one direction and 20M ohms in the other.<br /><br />Hope some one can help.<br /><br />Cheers Kenny

KennyBradley

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Help Identify Ignition Part, Yamaha F30

Hi Thom,<br /><br />Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately its not the pulser coil. It's smaller than the pulser coil and is not bolted down to anything it just hangs from the wiring loom.<br /><br />Anybody got any other ideas?<br /><br />Cheers Kenny

FHARVELL

Cadet
Re: Help Identify Ignition Part, Yamaha F30

Sounds like some sort of protection device. Possibly a diode of some sort that allows current to flow in one direction but not the other, may be there in case something in the electrical system shorts and current would be diverted to this vice frying something vital.