Yamaha 150 Pro V Spark plug gap?

baylor43

Cadet
New to the forum. I logged on last night and have learned more about outboard motors in the last 12 hours that any manual can teach me. <br /><br />My question is: what is the gap setting for the spark plugs for a 1990 Yammy 150 Pro V. I am having trouble with it. It fires right up, idles, and will go about 5-10 mph, but boggs down when I try to advance the throttle. Spark plugs looked a bit fouled, I have cleaned them and want to check the gaps before I put them back in. Any other ideas? I just purchased the boat and don't know much, so any info would help and be much appreciated. Thanks :confused:

edjr

Seaman
Re: Yamaha 150 Pro V Spark plug gap?

.040 is the gap on my 86 pro v 150 ..really good motor.welcome to i boats..these guys on here really know there stuff.if it has sat for any period of time remove the carbs and clean real good ( soak them and blow with compressed air )check fuel pumps (diaphram)

baylor43

Cadet

Thanks for the info. I will check the other items as well as clean the carbs tonight. Is there anywhere on the web to download the manual for this motor?

edjr

Seaman

not that i know of...i go yamahaoutboardparts.com and they have pictures that are real detailed