150 yamaha missing.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: 150 yamaha missing.

its an RPM reduction that the CDI uses to try to overide owner neglect an ignorance in a last ditch attempt to save itself. in some cases it works and others the operator manages to destroy the powerhead anyway. in the event of an overheat or an oil delivery failure the system sounds an audible alarm,if it happens to actually been maintained and tested and kept in working order, it will also illuminate the appropriate visual indicate, if the correct factory parts were actually used, if the operator misses the audible and visual cues that the motor is self destructing the CDI will also cause a severe mis-fire of the ign system to limit RPM to 2500 or so.<br /> usually its triggered by and due to excessive maint.

curjones

Cadet

does a 1984 175hp mod 220have this same set up.<br />Where is the light located or the audiable speaker unit. I worked on my oil delivery system. the tank was not full at motor line appeared to be clogged or pump lost prime. I got it to fill and has worked great since. I always have the green led on at the gauge near the drivers seat is ths supose to stay on all the time

Ray Neudecker

Lieutenant Commander

Yes it does have a safe mode and the light shoild stay on if the tank has enough oil in it.