yamaha 40 hp

Status
Not open for further replies.

mart

Recruit
Hi <br />looking for some help on a yamaha 40BE 2 stroke approx early 80s I think.<br />Boat came with this engine and electric start, kill switch and electric choke, but poor wiring. Have tried to rewire the electric start to the engine but have become lost.<br />Can anyone point me in the right direction for which wires from the engine attach to the electric switch and the kill etc.<br />Having a hard time trying to locate manual.<br />Thanks

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: yamaha 40 hp

Howdy mart.<br /><br />Welcome to iboats. :) <br /><br />You need the Manual. You need the model number to confirm the year so you can get the correct manual. Give us the model number and we can steer you to plenty of manuals.<br /><br />There will be wiring diagrams in the manual.<br /><br />It is a bad idea for anyone, regardless of experience, to work on an outboard without a manual.

mart

Recruit

Thanks for the reply<br />The id plate is 40BE 676 BL 403576.<br />The boat is in Scotland so engine is uk model.<br />Have 5 wires coming out of the engine orange, blue, red,brown, white.<br />Thanks

stealthgs

Recruit

Hey JB,

I do have the same problem with my 40BE 676 BL xxxx (I have to proof the last numbers). Is it possible to get the manual and what do you need to know for that?

Thanks in advance!
Cheers,
Frank

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Howdy, stealthgs.

Welcome to iboats.

You have done a no-no. It is very poor netmanship to hijack a 6 year old, dead thread.

Please read this: http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=250876, then start your own thread.

Thanks for your cooperation. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.