Suzuki 140HP Power Problems

colinh

Recruit
I have a DT140 which is a 1994 model (I think). It ran really well all last summer. The ignition buzzer stopped working (when I turn the key) about half way through the season. There was always plenty of cooling water and oil and power.<br /><br />During the winter I changed the water pump impeller and serviced the engine and fixed a broken wire near the electronics. I also tested the buzzer unit and found it to be OK. It still didn't sound when I turned the key!<br /><br />Yesterday the ignition alarm magically came on when I turned the key for the first time since last year. :confused: The engine started fine but the alarm did not stop sounding at all! Again there is plenty of cooling water coming out of the engine and plenty of 2 stroke oil in the bottle. :( <br /><br />I continued on a trial run with the boat and the engine ran really well until I started to apply more throttle (I don't have a rev counter attached). As I increased the throttle towards full power the engine started to judder really bad so preventing me from increasing speed :mad: . There is plenty of fuel as I have changed and cleaned the filters. <br /><br />Can anyone help me find the problem, is it linked to the mysterious ignition alarm???<br /><br />Thanks!!

colinh

Recruit
Re: Suzuki 140HP Power Problems

Yes I Changed the impeller in March this year, and it's obviously pumping water through the engine really well!

colinh

Recruit

I will check the water flow sensor and the thermostat as soon as possible. What does everyone think?

CaptCurt

Recruit

I continued on a trial run with the boat and the engine ran really well until I started to apply more throttle (I don't have a rev counter attached). As I increased the throttle towards full power the engine started to judder really bad so preventing me from increasing speed

I have been having an identical problem. I know this is a really old thread, but did you ever figure out the cause?

Anyone else have any ideas?

I figure the lack of power is fuel flow related... maybe the filter going into the injection system. But why the vibration (or "judder" as he called it)??? :confused: