Suzuki DT2 Shuts down after 10secs

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbsandown

Recruit
My liftable-with-one-hand, 1995 Suzuki DT2 outboard refuses to run this season! I have owned the engine from new and must declare that (unlike the two previous, fine DT2's I owned years ago)this latest has never been the easiest of starters. <br /><br />This season, whenever I've attempted to start the blighter, after an encouraging burst lasting all of 10 seconds or so it just dies. I'm convinced it's something to do with fuel starvation. <br /><br />I've brought the engine home and set it up in a test tank. At least the symptoms are consistant. The plug is clean and there's new fuel mix in the tank which I've checked runs freely right up to the carbureta. The carb float chamber has been opened up and checked for possible contamination but everything seems ok.<br /><br />Because of their modest weight and dimensions, these little motors have, for many years been highly regarded by the geriatric end of the sailing community -but mine -with this on-going problem is driving me wild! <br /><br />Can anyone with DT2 experience throw any light on what might be going on and offer a solution -or should I quietly give it the deep six and go out and buy a (different brand) replacement? <br /><br />Thanks chaps.

Squawk7500

Recruit
Did you ever find a solution to your issue. I can't run mine more than 10 sec after startup at higher rpm before it stalls. Low rpm / idle all day and starts and restarts on first pull.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Did you ever find a solution to your issue. I can't run mine more than 10 sec after startup at higher rpm before it stalls. Low rpm / idle all day and starts and restarts on first pull.

You're not going to get a reply. The OP started the thread in 2005 and never returned, 12 years ago. Read the Help Tip on top of the page and start your own thread.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.