Suzuki DT25C - Dies while in gear.

dlandon

Cadet
My Suzuki DT25C seems to work just fine when it is in neutral, but when I put it in gear and begin to give it throttle, it likes to die unless I give it full throttle. Basically, it dies at low and midlevel rpms while in gear. Any suggestions?

jim dozier

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Suzuki DT25C - Dies while in gear.

Your desription sounds like an overly lean idle mixture. It won't idle well and falls when the throttle is advanced but probably runs OK if you can get going a bit. You may be able to just enrichen the idle mixture screws on the carb a bit. If that doesn't work you may need to clean and rebuild the carbs because the idle orifices have gotten partially clogged with varnish/crud.

dlandon

Cadet

Would it make a difference if I can't repeat the problem when the motor is not under load? In other words, it only occurs while under load, as opposed to doing it in the driveway. How many turns out should I try? Right now they are about one turn out.

boatster

Petty Officer 1st Class

If I remember correctly its 1 1/2 -> 2 turns out from gentle closed. Then you need to adjust them some till you get a smooth idle. However the pilot screws are only good for the idle. The midrange rpms are done by the natural vacuum that occurs when the rpms increase in the carburetor. Maybe you need to clean your carbs out. <br />BTW this is all info I got from my Suzuki manual for the DT30 which is essentially the same as your DT 25.

autarh

Recruit

Hi boaster can u e mail me yuor Suzuki manual :) <br />I live in Serbia and it is very hjard to find anything about Suzuki ... And i did not managed to start my DT25 This sumer... I have some wird problem

autarh

Recruit

I am not shure will the forum inform me when yuors replay arive, so i will live my email adress :) <br />autarh@sbb.co.yu

jim dozier

Lieutenant Commander

The engine idle must be adjusted with the engine in the water and in forward gear. If you set it in the driveway it will stall when you put it in the water in gear. Water equals backpressure and forward gear equals drag on the engine. Idle specs are for operating conditions on the water.

boatster

Petty Officer 1st Class

Autarh,<br /><br />I have a physical manual book not in electronic format.