'86 Yamaha 70hp tilt relief valve problem

FishnHomer

Recruit
I've had this motor/boat for about 6 years. Last few I've needed to use the tilt relief valve to get it lowered until I add more hyd fluid. It has a leak out of the top of the resevoir (seal?), and I've been told the whole tilt unit would have to be replaced as there isn't a repair for the seal. So, I've just been in the habit of adding fluid semi-regularly. Sometimes, I'd wait too long and have to use the relief valve to get it down. Now, the screw for the valve is stripped enough not to get it turned. A motor mount bolt had always been partially in the way, not to allow a straight-on alignment of the screw driver to turn it, thereby prone to stripping. So, I finally cut the bolt off to get that straight-on attempt, but now the screw IS too stripped to even turn! My tilt motor goes on, but nothing happens. What are my options for: 1) lowering the motor to get more fluid in, then should be able to raise/lower and fill to get it full of fluid, (can I loosen one of the hydraulic lines?), 2) Replacing the relief valve screw or fixing the slot somehow on the head?