Yamaha 10 hour service...

jrsnyder79

Cadet
I just purchased a 2004 F115 last summer and am wondering if the 10 hour service must be performed by the dealer. The motor has 16 hours on it now and I have already changed the oil and lower unit fluid at 10 hours. I just went by the manual on the items that can be performed at home but I just want to make sure I am not voiding the warranty. Thanks.

bossee

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Yamaha 10 hour service...

Hi,<br />I believe it the 10 hour service should be performed by a Yamaha authorized service center.<br />In case anything should happen with Your outboard within the factory warranty period it might be a problem that You performed the 10 hour service Yourself.<br />I do not think it will void Your warranty, it is just that You have placed Yourself in a slightly less favourable situation if anything serious happen to Your F115 and it can be traced to anything to do with Your 10 hour service.<br />I do not have the inspection points for a 10 hour service in front of me, but I belive it is listed in the Owners's Manual (I do not know if Yamaha service centers has any additional required check points).<br />It is important You followed the Owner's Manual break in procedure. If You did You should probably not have problem with Your F115 in the future.<br /><br />I have a F115 (2003) myself but I do not make any service during the warranty, and also I have a trailer for my boat so it is easy for me to drive to my Yamaha dealer and have the service done (does not cost that much to do service in my opinion anyway, at least not at my dealer).

DHPMARINE

Captain
Re: Yamaha 10 hour service...

I recommend being as freindly with your dealer as you can.Your buying the motor isn't what keeps him in business.Service does.So if you do your own service,give him some of your accessory business.If he seems like a decent creature,treat him well.Actually,treat him as good as he treats you.Guess what I'm suggesting is that when the local dealer is gone,and we mail order everything,and Iboats can't answer... where do you go ?<br /><br />DHP