Suzuki dt50 gearcase

masterboater

Cadet
I have an old suzuki dt50 (blue and silver) with an even older gearbox! (blue). The chap i bought this engine off said that it was working fine until he went to change the impellar and forgot to disconnect the gear selector. He seems to think that the selector was pulled up to far and now will not push back down to change gear. At the moment it is stuck in forward. Does it have to be stripped and if so how?<br />many thanks for any help. Regards Chris

bossee

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Suzuki dt50 gearcase

Hi,<br />Check at http://www.brownspoint.com/ <br />(You need to register)<br />Then check the Parts Look-Up and select a DT50.<br />Check the Clutch.<br />My guess is that the rod down in the gearcase has came off the steel-ball that is down there and the spring now is pressing the ball out and prevent the rod to go back down again. Probably need to tear down the gearcase to correct the problem but I hope not...

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

yep it comes apart to reinsert the rod.<br /> sorry

masterboater

Cadet

Right this is the news that i feared. I have removed the large circlip from the gear case to remove the bearing/seal assembly. I have a puller with rather a lot of pressure on it and it doesnt want to move. Ive tried releasing oil, heat and lots of swearing. none of which proved very successful. I have noticed 2 notsches out of the bearing carriage and one in the gear case itself. These dont have to line up for removal or anything daft do they??? Thanks very much for your prompt replies.

masterboater

Cadet

Bo<br /> <br />I looked up that site and it is very useful indeed. It looks as though i have everything removed that need removing to allow the shaft housing to come out but still i have no joy. I see in the diagram that there is a small screw that enters the side of the housing. I thought at first that this might go into the gear case but i can not see it exposed anywhere. It looks like ill just have to keep pulling until something gives!!!