1986 suzuki dt20 fuel pump R & R ????

phatmanmike

Captain
hello from plank road brewery!!<br /><br />anyways... got a 1986 suzi 20hp and taking one of the fuel hoses off the fuel pump, the plastic outlet tip of the fuel pump snapped off in the hose. now i need a fuel pump. they aint cheap.<br /><br />it looks like the only way to replace the fuel pump is to remove the powerhead, cause its soo darned close to the side of the lower cowl, unless it can be removed.<br /><br />has anybody done this b4? rodbolt maybe? does the powerhead need to come off? anybody got a fuel pump? :p

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1986 suzuki dt20 fuel pump R & R ????

hello<br /> usually there is enough room to back the bolts out with an open end wrench. you have to remove and install the pump with the bolts in the pump body.<br /> good luck and next time use a bent pair of needle nose to push the hose off rather than pull :) . sometimes I work the end of my pick around them and on rare occasions I use my mini tourch to heat the fuel line so its pliable again. and then sometimes the dang nipples justsnap :) <br /> good luck and keep posting