Suzuki 25 running rough

rcp1025

Cadet
I have a 1996 DT25C that is running rough. It had some trash in the carbs that was cleaned by my local dealer this past summer and it ran better after that but it is still not running right. I have since removed, cleaned, and inspected the carbs again with the help of a service manual. All the measurements are right and they are super clean. My fuel is good, I can't find any air leaks, and my tank vent is open. Before all this trouble started, it had almost a "fast idle" type feature when you first started it up. Since my problems started, it has not done that and it is still running rough. It will run like a champ wide open but as soon as you let off the throttle, it cuts off. I am thinking this is the engine temperature sensor gone bad? The manual says it does advance the timing for 15 seconds when it is cold and for 3 seconds after it is warm to help with starting. What is the best way to check this or can it be something else?<br />*By the way, this board is great. I have learned alot about my engine as well as the mechanics of how it works over the past few months and have enjoyed tinkering on it. Thanks for all the help.

rcp1025

Cadet
Re: Suzuki 25 running rough

Update....I did some testing today and I think it is the Throttle Valve Sensor. The manual says it should be no more than .5 volts going through the sensor when the throttle is closed. Today, it showed 3.6 volts with the throttle closed or wide open. This also controls the "fast idle" feature on my engine so I think this is it.

rcp1025

Cadet
Re: Suzuki 25 running rough

Update.....Put the new Throttle Control Sensor on today and that fixed the problem with the idle. I will put her in the water next week and hope all is well.