can someone look up some specs for me please? Yamaha 9.9

woodrat

Ensign
I'm having all kinds of trouble with my yamaha 9.9 4 stroke kicker and I'm wondering if someone out there has a manual and could look up a few things for me.<br /><br />I need to know the impedance for the coil and wires and crank position sending unit and also plug gap.<br /><br />Thanks!<br /><br />Mark

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: can someone look up some specs for me please? Yamaha 9.9

about what year and model would wew be discussing here?

woodrat

Ensign

1991 yamaha 9.9 4-stroke. It started crapping out on me two days ago. I've been through the carb with a kit (carb was spotless inside) and the problem remains. Missing, backfiring through carb, running on one cylinder intermittently, bogging and stalling for a moment when acclerating and then when it catches up with itself, usually running on one cylinder. Plugs look OK, except one of them is usually wet (not the same one either). I don't have a service manual yet, and I am suspecting electrical, since every yamaha bike I ever owned or worked on had some kind of mysterious black box type of electrical failure at some point in its life, which often resulted in similar symptoms.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

ok<br /> my little book here only goes back to 94.<br /> if I get a chance today I will look for my other manual at work. in the meantime maybe one of the other members will have the specs handy. I dont keep many manuals at home any more.<br /> good luck and keep posting

woodrat

Ensign

Thanks. I ahve another question. Is it bad for my 2 stroke oil injected pro 60 yamaha to be used for trolling? I drag two five gallon buckets and generally have the rpms at 1000-1400. I was told that my old '69 Johnson 40 horse would not like that, but it was presented to me as a problem with old johnsons, not 2 stroke in general. I've only done this a couple of times, but will probably need to some more, since when I do finally figure out what's wrong with the kicker, it will likely be a part that needs to be special ordered (like all yamaha parts apparently. So far, my main beef with yamaha.)