Yamaha carb cleaning and adjustment

Millmaker

Cadet
Hi! I got a 225 yamaha with 3 carbs on it,and i want to clean them totally,anyone got a tip on how to do it proper?<br />On each carb there is 2 swrews to adjust the amount of air i think,anyone who can tell me what position they should be in?<br />Thx,great site!

Ray Neudecker

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Yamaha carb cleaning and adjustment

To do it properly, completly disassemble the carbs, soak them several hours in cleaner, clean out the cleaner and blow them dry with air through the passages and reassemble. Always replace the bowl gaskets. Don't know the model number, but on older models, 1 1/4 turns out from a soft stop. Don't forget to set the float height.

Millmaker

Cadet

Hi! Thx. What kind of cleaner is uesd for that,asked around here in Norway,but noone seems to know.....<br />And what excactly is the float height,and what shall it be set to?<br />Thx for a great site! Most useful and helpful!<br />The carbs is marked with:6R 500 621400-601 <br />How often should the fuelpumps on this motor be "serviced"? And is it enough to replace gaskets inside?

Anymec

Seaman Apprentice

What year is your Yamaha??<br />Do you have type and ser.number??

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

dude if you dont know how and why this carb works you may be better off allowing a professional to do it. the "air" screws just allow more or less of the air/fuel mix to pass the idle circuits. the fuel ratio is set by an idle jet in the fuel bowl. the pumps I reccomend just tossing and replacing every 3 years.<br /> good luck and keep posting