2000 Yamaha F100 Start/Acceleration problem.

diveextreme

Recruit
My boat was sitting for a few months and the last few times I have taken it out, I have noticed the following:<br /><br />1) Problem with initial start. I had never had any problems before.<br />2) Prime bulb not as firm.<br />3) When finally started - Idle is fine.<br />4) Acceleration is great for about a minute and then engine bogs down considerably (fuel restriction or something else?)<br /><br />When doing maintenance, I noticed what appeared to be crystals in the fuel filter. Are these additives in the gas that have crystalized out or is this my fiber glass gas tank breaking down? Boat is only four years old.<br /><br /><br />I have attempted the following to correct:<br /><br />1) Replaced inline filter and added a fuel/water seperator filter.<br />2) Replaced fuel lines up to engine, including new bulb. <br />3) Added fuel additives.<br /><br />Next, I was going to replace spark plugs. Any other suggestions?<br /><br />Help would be most appreciated.<br /><br />Diveextreme

jrod8v92ti

Seaman
Re: 2000 Yamaha F100 Start/Acceleration problem.

sounds like you got crud/gum build up in carbs and they probably just need a cleaning then <br />resink <br />spark plugs are nice <br /> lfr5a-11,gap1.1mm or.043in<br />p/s if you have a service manual do the fuel pump test.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

hello<br /> be aware that some special tooling is required to properly reset the carbs. I would do a fuel system vacum test as per the service manual or 2003 tech manual.<br /> its one thing if fuel cannot get to the carbs, quite another if it cant get through them.<br /> good luck and keep posting

fastcatch8

Recruit

i have a f200 and have at the mechanics now for similar problem. he found the filter screen on the fuel pump clogged up with some type of residue. i suspect shell gas because of recent problems with sulfur contamination.