Yamaha 704 Control Power Trim Switch Not Working Correctly

wjkane

Recruit
I have a 2000 Yamaha 200 Saltwater Series II with the Yamaha 704 Remote Oontrol Box. The Power Trim switch started giving me trouble intermittanly when trying to put the trim in the up position and now it hardly ever works. The switch gives me no problems when I try to put the trim down. The trim switch on the outboard itself, works just fine bot up and down. <br /><br /><br />I am thinking that my contact in the switch must be bad? Is this something I can take apart and replace the switch without too much trouble? How do you replace/fix the switch in the remote control handle.

lysis217

Recruit
Re: Yamaha 704 Control Power Trim Switch Not Working Correctly

had the same thing happen to my '93 Yamaha. its the switch on the throttle, notorious for corrosion. take it out by taking off the plastic cover on the throttle stick, carefully pry open the switch with a small screwdriver, and clean the little seesawing plate, and the contacts on either side.

wjkane

Recruit
Re: Yamaha 704 Control Power Trim Switch Not Working Correctly

Lysis217, Hey thanks buddy. I will give this a try. I have been busy and I'm late in checking this response, but I appreciate it. Bill