Rebuilding carburetors for '94 85 hp Yamaha

Kelly17

Recruit
Is this project too difficult for an average do it yourselfer? About how long would it take? Where is the best place to buy the kit? Do you need any special tools? How much should it cost to have it done?<br /><br />Kelly

phatmanmike

Captain
Re: Rebuilding carburetors for '94 85 hp Yamaha

i asked these same question 2 weeks ago.. and ths is what i have found out... i have no special rebuild skills, and with apair of pliers, a pair of needle nose pliers, and a flat head screwdriver.. and a can of gunk brand carb & parts cleaner(comes in a gallon can) i have rebuilt 7 carbs in the last week alone.. each one takes about half hour, not including soak time... its super simple.. dont be scared...im sure there are other ways, but this is what i did... <br /><br />find a good cleared table, i used the dining table, put newspaper on it and disasembled carb,till all gaskets and pastic parts were removed.. soaked remaining parts and all metal parts in cleaner can(comes with a lil basket for small parts)for about 30 -45 mins, follow directions on can.. rinsed all parts with HOT water, let dried , blow air through all jets, and re asemble with new peices..<br /><br />get yerself a manula and a digi camera and take pics along the way so you know how it goes back together.<br /><br />7

jim dozier

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Rebuilding carburetors for '94 85 hp Yamaha

7, man those 7-carb outboards must be a bear to tune :D