Suzuki Top mount binacle control adjustment.

montilla

Recruit
I own a 2003 Glacier bay with twin 115/4cycle Suzukis (2003). I asked my dealer to adjust the throttle control because it was not holding full throttle, but he overadjusted it and now one of my throttles is too hard for my liking. Does anybody know where can I adjust the throttle control? I have a Suzuki service manual for those engines, but there is no info there. Thanks!

Spidybot

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Suzuki Top mount binacle control adjustment.

If I understand you right, this is about adjusting the friction knob on the remote control.<br /><br />If too loose the springs at the motor end will pull the throttle back, if too tight you'll struggle to at all move the lever.<br /><br />There should be a screw on the remote box - why not ask the dealer?

montilla

Recruit

yes: this is about adjusting the friction knob on the remote control.<br /><br />Can anybody give me directions in how to do it myself? (Rodbolt?). I would like to hear what the mechanics in the forum recommend. Also, anything in particular I should know about these engines? I grew up with Mercs and OMC products, so I was a bit hesitant to buy Suzuki...thanks!

montilla

Recruit

yes: this is about adjusting the friction knob on the remote control.<br /><br />Can anybody give me directions in how to do it myself? (Rodbolt?). I would like to hear what the mechanics in the forum recommend. Also, anything in particular I should know about these engines? I grew up with Mercs and OMC products, so I was a bit hesitant to buy Suzuki...thanks!

clanton

Rear Admiral

You need the instructions that came with the control, should have came with the boat. I will look for a set tomorrow, I dont know where the screw is either. I also seen something about hard shifting into reverse, required a change of a linkage part under the front of the pwerhead.

lakensea

Chief Petty Officer

If you have the Suzuki binnacle control, pop the plastic cover off and you will see a silver slotted screw near the base for each control box. That is your throttle friction control.<br /><br />clanton,<br /><br /> The control kits were only needed on 2001 models when using a binnacle mount control box.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

hello<br /> if they are the suzuki controls do as lakensea says. if they are morse controls its a screw that is horizontal in the center of the lever.its a fricton adjustment.<br /> good luck and keep posting