yamaha 703 control

BugTosser

Cadet
Hello again.<br /><br />I have a question about the 703 control.<br />My control has the key slot then just below the key slot there is a lever and then below the lever is the kill button for the safty lanyard.I do not have the levers on the handle for the tilt.<br /><br />What is that lever between the key and kill button do. Every time I push it up I hear a click, and the click is comming from the solenoid that is hooked onto the lower carb.<br /><br />Is it the choke ?<br />And if it is the choke It is not openning my valves(butterfly) in the carbs. Also is it suppose to click where the solenoid is or is that a sign of a bad solenoid?<br /><br />thanks

lakensea

Chief Petty Officer
Re: yamaha 703 control

It is the choke and it should be closing the butterflys, not opening.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

depending on model. if your engine has a choke butterfly then they will close. the chokes on most 2 strokes do not alter the throttle butterfly settings. remember If you have an actual choke the carbs will have two plates or butterflies. one for choke which just forces a rich fuel mix for cold starts and throttle butterflies which control or "throttle" air and thus fuel into the engine. <br /> good luck and keep posting

badlucklarry

Recruit

hello my 703 cntrlr had cut wire cause some one stuffed wires in too crowded.tilt and start won't work was running great til yesterday sure would like to fish today is there a blown fuse somewhere .,help