9.9 Suzuki 2 stroke - impeller/water expulsion

slylox

Recruit
First time user on used early 90's model Suzuki 9.9...<br /><br />From where on the engine does water expel via the water pump?<br /><br />Currently the engine only has a heavy spray coming out of the exhaust hole which is cool to the touch after the engine has had a chance to warm up. But, it does not have a pee stream shooting out the side like I expected to see. Furthermore, I also do not see where it would pee from so I am assuming/hoping that the water is expelled out the back in a spray but wanna make sure I am right before running this engine at great lengths. Should the engine have a pee stream out the side as well?

mrn714

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 9.9 Suzuki 2 stroke - impeller/water expulsion

If I am not mistaken, that engine sends the water out the prop, not a pee hole. <br /> :rolleyes:

D

DJ

voodoo,<br /><br />Look for a tube going from somewhere around the cylinder head to the lower cowl pan of the engine. If it's there, it probably is plugged.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

hello<br /> look for a tiny pencil lead sized hole on the stbd aft part of the lower cowl. it will be very close to the exhaust. it has a tell tale but like all suz-q's its so tiny that fish smell will clog it. I use a can of carb cleaner and the red tube to try to break up the clog. some use a thin wire.<br /> your choice.<br /> good luck and keep posting

slylox

Recruit

Thanks guys. I will look for the tube and the hole. Thanks again!!