Yamaha 40 Kerosene

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtduckboat

Recruit
Yamaha 40 Kerosene 2 cyl Model# E40GK, Ser# 6F5 L 301 586.<br /><br />I need info on this engine. I know they are popular in Asia, but noone here seems to have heard of it. <br /><br />What year is it? Where can I get a service manual? The gas can has 2 compartments, 1 for kero and 1 for 50:1. Can I run just on 50:1? Can I convert it to run on 50:1 only? Whats the benefits of kero vs gas? Can I convert it to elec start? Is this engine more or less valable? <br /><br />Basically I want to know everything about it, or where I can get more info. Thanks for the help... JT

Tom Jensen

Recruit
Re: Yamaha 40 Kerosene

Yamaha 40 Kerosene 2 cyl Model# E40GK, Ser# 6F5 L 301 586.<br /><br />I need info on this engine. I know they are popular in Asia, but noone here seems to have heard of it. <br /><br />What year is it? Where can I get a service manual? The gas can has 2 compartments, 1 for kero and 1 for 50:1. Can I run just on 50:1? Can I convert it to run on 50:1 only? Whats the benefits of kero vs gas? Can I convert it to elec start? Is this engine more or less valable? <br /><br />Basically I want to know everything about it, or where I can get more info. Thanks for the help... JT
you say that its an E40GK the E stands for electric, so you can convert it to elec start.you can maybe get a service manual at www.k?sters motorboghandel.dk do you have any other info on that engine becaurse I have one my self .

Status
Not open for further replies.