Suzuki 2001 50 HP 4 stroke

clanton

Rear Admiral
Anyone have overheat and problem with pressure relief valve?

lakensea

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Suzuki 2001 50 HP 4 stroke

If you still have the original temp senders, replace them with the latest units.

clanton

Rear Admiral

Engine is in lots of pieces. Pressure relief valve clogged. Johnson and Suz said to remove powerhead to get to valve, which we did. Reassemble tomorrow, if parts come in. Have found method to get to valve without removing powerhead.

clanton

Rear Admiral

Engine is back together and running cool. There is a pressure relief buried under the power head.<br /><br />If you own one of these engine, I would recommend a good flush after each use.

hrafnin

Cadet

wasn´t the problem that the valve was made of stainless & the rivet of brass or something?

clanton

Rear Admiral

Im not sure, this one was full of trash/sand, and the only way to get to the valve, was remove the power head, oil pan and exhaust plate according to factory tech. I think you could get to the valve by removing the exhaust housing and leaving the engine hanging by the 2 upper motermounts and a lift. I also think the valve could be cleaned by removing the gear case and reverse flush with water and air. I have been retired and not worked much the past 3 years, and the shop owner ask me to do the job following the factory tech instructions, now working part for him. He builds pontoons boats and dealer Evinrude, Johnson, and Suz.