Fresh water Flush 03 Suzuki

Mel C

Recruit
There are 3 water intakes on 03 DF140 Suzuki 4 stroke. Usual 2 where you can use earmuffs and the 3rd is located under the cavatation plate right over the prop.<br />Dealer says to put tape over the 3rd one during the fresh water flush with muffs. Real unhandy.<br />Suzuki customer service says follow oweners manual. Manual doesn't mention 3rd intake.<br />When flushing, motor running, removing the tape doesn't seem to make any difference.<br />Any ideas. :confused:

mrn714

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Fresh water Flush 03 Suzuki

That motor should be flushed in a tank, 50 gal drum will work. A hose will not give sufficent pressure to flush the motor. You will get a overheat within 1 min of running. Overheat on that motor is no good at all. Check the thermostat as well. :D

lakensea

Chief Petty Officer

Suzuki has done away with the extra water intake and it is perfectly ok to run the engine on a set of muffs.

marinegrh

Petty Officer 2nd Class

the second pick up you are refering to under the ventilation plate if not taped and running on muffs can cause the waterpump to become air bound, melting the housing and overheating the engine, honda and yamaha all have them on certain engines, leave it off and youll find out the hard way, it takes literally 2 seconds to put it on and remove it, alot longer to do a water pump and more potential repairs<br />good luck

lakensea

Chief Petty Officer

The '03 DF140 does not have the auxilliary water intake.

DanMcK

Seaman

Mel C :I believe lakensea is correct. I removed the screen from that third water intake on My 2001 df115. It is blocked internally by the casting. It goes nowhere. Does nothin. For Your own peace of mind You might want to pull Yours and take a look see. It is easily removed with a short phillips screwdriver. Check it out, Let us know what ya find. Good luck.

Mel C

Recruit

Thanks for the reply's. I tend to agree the third intake must be blocked. Will check and post a reply, Thanks again.

Mel C

Recruit

I just removed the external screen on the third intake and it is indeed internally blocked by the casting.<br />lakensea and DanMck were both correct.<br />This Suzy is quieter, smoother and not apt to carbon up like the old Evenrude XP150 and at wot is off about 8 mph. Too bad the old MIA (made in america) names dont MAKE a 4 stroke.<br />Thanks again.