replace 70 hp yamaha powerhead

nedmina

Recruit
I have been told by a mechanic that my powerhead is shot and I need a new one.<br /> I was interested in knowing if removing the powerhead and putting<br /> a replacement powerhead back on is a straight forward challenge for a <br /> average mechanic skill level. If I could do, are their any tips for safe removal and replace/<br />Thanks for all thoughs

jim dozier

Lieutenant Commander
Re: replace 70 hp yamaha powerhead

Short of broken bolts, removal and replacement of a powerhead is well within the average mechanics ability. Be advised the powerhead will probably need all the ancilliary equipment such as starter, ignition component, carbs, flywheel, etc. off of your current anchor (engine block).

nedmina

Recruit

Thanks, for the quick response and vote of confidence.<br /> I see i can buy powerheads on Iboats for about $2000. are there much better deals to be had?<br />Thank you again, all the best

JohnnyVero

Cadet

The Marine Connection in Ft Pierce Fl has a few Brand New Yamaha Powerheads, COMPLETE, starter, carbs, etc Brand new from Yamaha for $2.200 ask for Ronnie 772-465-6460 email MARCONLQ@bellsouth.net also I would offer them less, they might lower the price, good luck!