40 hp suzuki o/b - oil sensor

arkcowman

Recruit
My oil sensor indicator continues to send<br />a beeping signal that my engine is low of<br />2 cycle oil. (This model 94 suzuki 40 hp has<br />the oil mixer so you don't have to premix fuel).<br /><br />The oil sensor indicates low oil even when<br />the oil tank has been completely filled.<br /><br />1. I assume I have a bad oil sensor ?<br />2. Is there a simple fix that I can do<br />without having to take my boat into<br />the shop ?<br />3. Is there a web-site that shows my <br />motor schematics ? <br /><br />Any help/advice is appreciated <br /><br />Mark<br />(arkcowman)

jshell55

Recruit
Re: 40 hp suzuki o/b - oil sensor

Mine was doing that too, but quits if you wiggle the ignition key. The alarm is supposed to come on when the engine is started up. Evidently gets stuck once in awhile. Plan B is unhook the alarm.

Glen White

Cadet
Re: 40 hp suzuki o/b - oil sensor

I had a similar problem and it turned out to be a sticky float on the oil alarm rod in the resevoir.<br />Pull off the electrical connectors to oil alarm device and remove it from the oil tank. Place an ohm-meter across the two wires. When the oil float is at the bottom of the rod you should see a short cicuit and when you raise the float to the top of the rod it should be wide open.<br /><br />My float was stuck after lack of use and no oil in the reservoir.<br /><br />Hope this helps

twistedtopey

Recruit
Re: 30 hp suzuki 89

Re: 30 hp suzuki 89

Motor Gets Up To Top Speed Then Sensor Light Comes On After 10 Seconds. The Motor Then Shuts Down To Half Speed.