Suzuki Choke Solenoid

proffotog

Recruit
I have a DT75 1983 Suzuki Outboard. Boat I bought sat for 10 years without running. Choke does not actuate very well but somewhat plunges in part way. Is this solenoid shot. It appears to be clear of debris and clean. Thanks for any responce. Rich

baja79

Cadet
Re: Suzuki Choke Solenoid

i had that same problem with my 88 150, yes the cold start is shot.brownspoint marina can get you a new one for like 190.00 bucks. you get the whole mech.not just the selonoid. hope this helps

jim dozier

Lieutenant Commander

You might try removing the plunger (the shaft that sits down inside the solenoid coil) and seeing if it is clean. It should be smooth and clean. It could conceiveably have rusted or got some crud in there that is preventing full movement. If not you can either replace it or choke it manually.

what200

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I think the choke on this is different than on a 150 which uses an enricher type system.<br />I bet the solenoid on this motor is the same as other zuki motors. You might be able to find a used one for a good price if cleaning doesn't help.

fish4970

Petty Officer 2nd Class

the coil is basically a winding of wire around <br />a laminated iron core and when an electrical current passes through it it creates a magnetic<br />force <br />if it moves at all there is no open in the winding<br />and the coil itself shuld be okay <br />i would look for a sticking linkage or rust on<br />the rod that protrudes from the coil