Problem with primer bulb / Suzuki dt115

passfred

Cadet
Helle everyone,<br /><br />I changed the primer bulb on my boat. I noticed that as soon as I start the engine, it gets sucked dry.<br /><br />The funny thing is that the engine runs fine at hi and low RPM, Except that it sometimes dies on low RPM.<br /><br />I don't really get it, do I have a problem with the gaz intake ? Or is it the primer bulb that is not working properly ?<br /><br />Thanks for the advices.<br /><br />Fred

jim dozier

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Problem with primer bulb / Suzuki dt115

Verify that you have installed the fuel bulb in the correct orientation. There should be arrows in the direction of flow. You have either:<br />1. Installed it backwards<br />2. a restriction in the fuel system upstream (towards the tank)<br />3. Improper venting system.<br />4. Bad bulb.<br /><br />Something is preventing the bulb from filling all the way against the negative pressure induced by the engines fuel pump.

cinder1995

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I've had similar problems. The first time my bulb had a small crack under the crimped on ends. It it sucks air it won't prime. The second time I had the boat in my driveway,which is on a slight incline, and the bulb would not create enough pressure to pull the fuel into the line. Don't know if this helps or not.

passfred

Cadet

From your advices, I think the problem is between the tank and the bulb. I'll check it out this week-end and let you know.<br /><br />Thanks<br /><br />Fred.

passfred

Cadet

The problem was a defective primer bulb ...<br /><br />Thanks to all

fishzrick

Recruit

I have had same problem with primer bulbs and have gone through thee of them and still the motor runs out of gas. if i keep squeesing the bulb the motor wont die. so i put the old one back on and it fixed the dieing problem at high rpm's but still dies at low rpm's the only thing i see diferent between bulbs is the thicker ones work better.Ihave checked fuel pump out and found no broken parts or torn diaframs, all new fuel lines and filters replaced still wont stop sputtering at low rpm's.I wonder if you can install a inline style fuel pump to the 115 hp suzuki efi to help with fuel suply to the motor??????