Fuel/Oil Mixture Conversion '85 Yamaha 220

Saltymut

Seaman
I'm interested in anyones input on converting my '85 Yamaha 220 O/B to 50:1 mixture rather than using the remote oil tank with oil pump. The reason for the conversion is that the oil pump is on it's way out and a new one is going to run me about $300....OUCH !!! <br /><br />Here's what info I'm hoping to gain from you guys:<br /><br />Can it be done on my engine?<br />I read somewhere (unreliable source) that it's bad for the carbs to mix.<br /><br />What is the process of the conversion?<br /><br />How hard is it to do it myself? (I'm fairly mechanically inclined)<br /><br />What are the advantages/disadvantages to mixture rather than the remote tank?<br /><br />Thanks,<br /><br />Saltymut

Parkhil2

Cadet
Re: Fuel/Oil Mixture Conversion '85 Yamaha 220

Has anyone successfully performed this conversion? Is it bad for the carbs?

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

hello<br /> happens all the time.<br /> its a rather expensive pumpkit. if you wish to eliminate it. remove the oil tank and control module. remove the pump, remove the pump drive shaft and reinstall the pump. remove the pump link arm. remove the remote tank and mix fuel at 50/1.

Ray Neudecker

Lieutenant Commander

I prefer to remove the oil pump and replace with the cover plate for the consumer version V-6 and cap off the oil lines at the intake. You will need to pay more attention to draining the carbs before putting up to prevent the carbs from clogging over a long period of setting the engine up.

RICOSUAVE7777

Seaman Apprentice

I Have The Same Problem With My 88 200 Yamaha.