96 Suzuki DT75 tilt/trim tilt's up, but not down

hubcitymn1

Recruit
Yesterday, as I was preparing to head to the lake, I used my power tilt/trim to raise my '96 Suzuki DT75 in order to put the transom saver in place, then tilted it down onto the saver for a good, tight fit. Went tothe store and filled it with gas. When I got home, I thought I'd run it a little while just for safety's sake before leaving for the lake. When I tilted up to remove the "saver"..it went up fine, but this time would not tilt down. It makes an audible click when I press the switch down, but goes nowhere. Still works fine going up. This does the same thing whether I use the switch at the engine or up front at the control lever. What could be my problem? :confused:

Yepblaze

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 96 Suzuki DT75 tilt/trim tilt's up, but not down

Here's a wild guess.........<br /><br />Go find the sound (clicking) and go wiggle test, or replace the relay, or solenoid.

Hal Ray

Cadet

I had exactly same problem. Will be glad to share experience if you have not already gotten fixed.

Tenaj

Recruit

I had exactly same problem. Will be glad to share experience if you have not already gotten fixed.

I have the same problem and Im not sure what it needs but I need to sell this boat to pay off debt. We already repaired the transom, decks and bowseats, Compression on the motor is 140 on all three cylinders, the 3 carbs were all cleaned and fixed. I don't want to pass on any trouble. Any suggestions? Im hoping its not too complicated... Please shed some light on this topic.