Yamaha Enduro 40

wonger

Cadet
hi, im in the UK and ive just purchased a 4 year old yamaha enduro 40hp model E40XW which is in as new condition and only done 2 hours, i was aware the engine had been imported, but what i didnt realise is that this engine is not available in Europe as its a basic third world/commercial type engine, ive contacted Yamaha UK and they wasnt any help what so ever, what i need is a service manual and parts list so i can compare parts compatability, so is there anyone here with experience of theses Yamaha Enduro engines and what their differences are and could give me any advice as to how i would obtain service manual and parts list as im not feeling very well right now, as i have future visions of this lovely engine sitting in my garage instead of on my boat due to me failing to obtain any parts i need?<br /><br />help! <br /><br />#:-(

Capt Ken

Commander
Re: Yamaha Enduro 40

You're going to have to find some dealer in a third world country to help you there. I've had some of those same engines come in my shop and Yamaha USA is no help even to myself and I'm a dealer. So get on the jungle drums and see if you can find a witch doctor who's aquainted with these units. Even if you get a book on it, any parts will probably have to come from the same place.

wonger

Cadet

hi, thanks for the reply, what im hoping for is to aquire a service manual and parts list and find out what parts are interchangeable with the parts for the european models, im going to phone up yamaha uk again tommorrow and ask why they cant request a service manual for me and parts list from japan, this doesnt seem like a terrably demading request, unless their written in japanese that is?<br /><br />#:-o<br /><br />if all else fails, does anyone want to buy a yamaha enduro 40hp, showroom condition, done only 2 hours! <br /><br />#;-)

Capt Ken

Commander

Don't waste your time. They won't even know who to call. Plus its against policy for them to sell any part for an engine that isn't designed for sale in that country. For instance, the Yamaha sterndrive is discontunied in the US but still being made for markets outside the US. Think we can get parts. Nope, they won't import anything. Your only chance is to find a dealer in any third world country and go thru them for the manuals and parts lists. From my experience in the past with these engines, the only parts that will interchange is the parts you never need.