Suzuki 1989 100 HP

Gene78623

Recruit
My engine loses power when I increase the RPM's. I can hold the choke in and it will accelerate to speed.<br />I have replaced the diaphram and spark plugs. I have also cleaned the carbs.<br />It idles and starts great and I can troll all day.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Suzuki 1989 100 HP

What diaphram did you replace, Gene?<br /><br />You have obvious fuel starvation.<br /><br />Look for restrictions in fuel tank vent and pickup, restrictions or air leaks in fuel lines and primer bulb.<br /><br />Your fuel pump may be weak.<br /><br />Your carbs may be set up incorrectly.<br /><br />Finally, you may have an air leak to the crankcase via a bad gasket.<br /><br />Good luck. :)

Yepblaze

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Suzuki 1989 100 HP

Not sure when they stopped using the foam hood liner but I have an older motor that was getting microscopic bits of the foam hood liner in the carb bowl vents and would get up in the main jets and cause lean condition. Yet if I stopped to work on it or check out things it would be fine agin till they started plugging off the jets again. Once I removed the foam and cleaned the float bowls again have not had that problem again.