Yamaha lower unit tools

pcola

Recruit
I would like to change the lower unit oil seals on my 1999 Yamaha S130TLRX. The dealer sold me a shop manual which I read and bought the parts, lubes, & sealants. When I asked for tools, they said they do not sell them to the public. I saw another thread that confirmed that but no recommendation on an alternate source? Any suggestions? I need a ring nut wrench YB-34447 / 90890-06511, ring nut extension 90890-06513, propeller shaft housing puller YB-06207 / 90890-06502 and universal puller YB-06117<br />thanks

Capt Ken

Commander
Re: Yamaha lower unit tools

And you're willing to spend several hundred dollars on tools that you may only use once? If the dealer doesn't want to order them for you, you may be out of luck. Also they're not something you're gonna get over nite. May take up to six weeks to get some of the tools. Most tool builders build to order not to stock.

pcola

Recruit

Capt Ken:<br />Yes, I am willing to spend hundredes of dollars, it's a hobby. I used to club race Porsches and rebuild engines, now I'm into boating, I just like to be hands on, do you know where I would order the tools? My next option is to hire an independent to train me and have them show me the tools and order me a set, I love working on engines. Spent the last week gettin' the 20 year old Honda motorcycle in shape and the 3 sizes of outboards I own, before that it was the Yanmar 2GM20F deisel in the sailboat needed injectors and a mixing elbo.....the Yamaha 130 is next on the list! please help if you can!

John from Madison CT

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Pcola: Go to www.boatsetup.com<br /><br />Find your way to the Yamaha section and ask Ray or Tony for help.<br /><br />They know Yammies like no other people.<br /><br />John