2002 Suzuki 115 4 Stroke Maintenance

UncleBud52

Recruit
:confused: Can anyone tell me when the oil needs to be changed after the first break-in oil has been taken care of. I can't find the manual(like I've never done that before)the oil light let me know the first time. Will it let me know for the next change or do I go by the hours? Thanks!

wezie

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: 2002 Suzuki 115 4 Stroke Maintenance

Might try the Suzuki web site.<br />Some Mfgs. post a lot of info. Lowrance, some don't, MinnKota,Toyota.<br /> Good Luck!

Forktail

Ensign

FYI my F115's suggest changing the oil after the first 10 hours, and then every 100 hours or 6 months thereafter. Same with gear oil. :)

lakensea

Chief Petty Officer

The oil change alert goes off at 20 hours, then 80 hours after the first reset, then 100 hours after each reset.

tomwbates

Recruit

I just changed my oil on a DF 140 model and the light is still blinking - will it go off by itself or is there something i will need to do?

lakensea

Chief Petty Officer

Look in your manual under "Oil Change Reminder". Turn the key to "On"; remove the emergency stop switch plate and pull the switch out 3 times within a few seconds. You will hear a beep when the reset has been accepted.

DanMcK

Seaman

UncleBud52; to protect your warranty, The maintenance schedule states "Maintenance intervals should be judged by number of hours or number of months, whichever comes first." For engine oil&Gear oil:<br /> (1)Initial 20 hrs or 1 month<br /> (2)Every 100 Hrs or 6 months<br /> (3)every 200 Hrs or 12 months<br />I hope this helps but You have to get a owners manual. Contact your dealer or Suzuki customer service. I looked on their web page , thinking they might have one in pdf format but no luck. While you are waiting for a new owners manual, if there is anything else you need, post it I'll try to help.

DanMcK

Seaman

UncleBud52; When you change the oil, do not reuse gasget on the drain plug. Be sure to use new gasket. There are spare gasgets in the tool bag. Good luck.

JRJ

Commander

I've got the 115 Johnson/Suzi,my book doesn't address changing the oil filter. Looks like I have to take the lower case apart. Is that how you see it? Thanks

DanMcK

Seaman

JRJ: Hello, Suzuki has a video on changing oil on thier website. Here is a brief howto, when I did mine. Assuming you have already drained the oil. Remove the engine cover, there is a rubber piece that goes all the way around where the engine cover sits on,lift it up. In the manual you will see a diagram that shows which screws to remove on the rhs, that cover is removed , you will then see the oil filter. remove it with an oil filter wrech, the kind that fit on the bootom of the filter, as opposed to a strap wrench. that's it. The first oil change is done by the dealer, he will check it out at that time. The whole procedure is in the owners manual. My Motor is a Suzu 2001 df115 but I am sure they are the same since I can order Jhonson parts for it I need to. remember to use a new gasget on the oil drain plug. good luck to ya.

JRJ

Commander

Thanks DanMcK, lots of info on the Suzuki site. Haven't put my motor in the water yet. Can't wait.

fridays

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Lakensea is absolutely correct. If you need a manual call me. Fridays Marine 804-758-4131

DanMcK

Seaman

JRJ: You will really enjoy it. Especially the noise level, no smoke, starts like a car. One of the problems I had was finding the correct prop. Thank goodness My dealer helped me out. You have quite an investment.You have an advantage in that Jhonson dealers are fairly abundant. I have three Suzuki dealers in my area but not close to me. We are luck to have guys like Fridays Marine who take time from running thier business to help guys like us. Good Luck.