YAMAHA V6 COMPRESION

fishinfool2

Recruit
I purchase a sitting for a year 90s Yamaha 150.<br />I was told it was running when they repowered the boat. Just got it hooked up and will not start.<br />Rebuilt carbs. Compresion check is 1-6, 110, 106,<br />85, 105, 85, 101. Will the motor start with 2 cylinders at 85????? :confused:

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: YAMAHA V6 COMPRESION

Yes, it should start.<br />try squirting some mix directly into the carb bodies, and try it. If itr sputters, the carbs need to be cleaned. I would suspect the kill switch/lanyard circuit tho. I'm not sure how they werk on that engine, only that they are present.<br />You might have to buy the manual for your engine (I would advise that anyway, as it will pay for itself over the course of ownership,garunteed).<br />Don't be overly concered with the numbers, on an engine that has sat unused for a year.<br />After you get it running, run it at least until warm, let it cool, and take readings again. A decarb treatment may free sticky rings too.

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner

fishinfool2 <br />Also, check to see if you have spark first before trying to start it.

Ldavidgrover

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Make sure you have good spark. You stated that you did the carb. Did you link and sync the carbs? After you link and sync the carb you might want to shoot some decarb thur and try to bring the compression up.