suzuki 55 stalls at idle after run

suzukidave

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hi folks, in the middle of vacation at the cabin on an island with no electricity butt solar but I have internet contact, who would have thunk it?<br /><br />anyway,its a 1989 dt55 2 cylinder manual start. This year after long runs its stalling out in gear at idle on me and hard to restart. I'm finding that when it does catch I have to rev it up at idle for a few seconds before I can drop revs down and put in gear or it will stall again. Bulb is hard, it happens on different gas tanks, plugs are new, don't think its overheating as there's a new impellor this year and plenty of pee. Only other thing odd this year is that my gas mileage seems to vary, with high consumption sometimes. I am guessing it is a carb problem since it's been 5 years since they were touched and so the worst trouble I'm going to get into is having to pull out the dreaded quickstart as a last resort to get me home. Can anyone suggest different as I am running the boat out to the middle of nowhere where an engine failure would be a real drag or worse.

suzukidave

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: suzuki 55 stalls at idle after run

sorry about the double post folks, ignore this one. when i posted originally it came up with another message about a temperautre alarm problem on another motor so I reposted.