Wiring diagram for Hurricane w/ Suzuki OB

LouSylvia

Cadet
I bought a 1990 Hurricane deck boat with a Suzuki 110 Outboard(i am told) The engine runs great but I have no gauges or lights, Bilge Etc,.. The prior owner modified stuff. Can anyone guide me on how to rewire the boat, motor or both so everything works as it is supposed to? Legible wiring diagrams might help but cannot locate them anywhere. <br /><br /> Thanks

suzukidave

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Wiring diagram for Hurricane w/ Suzuki OB

Clymers has good detailed wiring diagrams in their suzuki outboard manuals along with tons of other good advice. invest in one - you'll never regret it.

LouSylvia

Cadet

I looked in the Clymer manual, the printing is so small and blurry that it is all but worthless. I cannot even read the initials for the wire colors. Thanks for your help but I hope someone has a larger version of the schematic that is readable. lousylvia@hotmail.com

suzukidave

Petty Officer 1st Class

look again at the Clymer, it's better than you think. You have to be patient and look closely and compare the drawing your motor wiring and you will find the diagrams are fine and make sense. I used the clymer manual diagram to wire in a rectifier, tachometer, hot power lead, and to run a second in-line kill switch to my suzuki without problems. I did that even though they didn't have my exact motor in there.<br /><br />The only other suggestion would be to pay a suzuki dealer to let you photocopy the relevant page from the shop manual.

bossee

Senior Chief Petty Officer

>I looked in the Clymer manual, the printing is<br />>so small and blurry that it is all but<br />>worthless. I cannot even read the initials for <br />>the wire colors. <br /><br />Hi,<br />I have both the Clymer and Selco manual for<br />my Suzuki 1991 (DT 65). I also noticed the<br />wiring diagram had bad printing (probably bad<br />scanned) in one of the manuals but I also notice <br />that the same wiring diagram was sharp (or at<br />least better) in the other manual (must have <br />been Selco manual then). I do not have my <br />manuals here since they are in the city I have<br />my boat so I can not have a look for the moment.<br /><br />Guages: how about buying orginal Suzuki<br />tachometer, combined guage for oilflow/level-<br />overheat-revlimit and if needed a trim meter?<br />You can see how they look here:<br /> http://www.suzukimarine.com/ <br />(Accessories, Instruments)<br /><br />I have these 3 instruments in my boat.<br />Do you have a Suzuki side mount Control Box?<br />Anyway in that box you have the emergency stop <br />switch, electric start, trim and tilt switch and <br />overheat/low oil level caution buzzer.<br />Picture of it in above URL and Control Boxes<br />instead.<br /><br />/Bo