Help me find Yamaha outdrive shift cable

IndySpecialty

Seaman Apprentice
Does anyone know where I can find a Yamaha Outdrive shift cable & trim hoses?? "It is a 1993"<br /><br />Thanks very much in advance for the help.<br /><br />E-Mail -- indydan1@hotmail.com

IndySpecialty

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Help me find Yamaha outdrive shift cable

Doesn't anyone know where you can get yammi parts??

IndySpecialty

Seaman Apprentice

A post moves through 2 pages in 1 day & not 1 person knows who actually has a shift cable in stock for 1 of these POS drives. I guess when I told the guy if you don't have a MerCrusier you might just as well put a gun to your head, I was right. What a POS.

clanton

Rear Admiral

There is a Yamaha stern drive dealer in Panama City Beach, not to far from the Navy station, Dont know name, I was talking to him about jet drive, he said he was SD dealer and could get parts for them.

Trent

Captain

Clanton is referring to Ken Nelson at Nelson marine. Give him a call at 850-234-0854. He is a pretty good guy...most of the time :)

IndySpecialty

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks guys for the input I'll call them now.

Trent

Captain

By the way...THose Yammie outdrives are great! You have to be around them to know them.

IndySpecialty

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks Trent, You know thats what I would have figured out of Yamaha, but I was so **** mad That I couldn't find parts in 1 day like I can for a MerCruiser, The parts thing alone holds alot of value. These Midwest people don't get to drive there boats that much & when you get 1 on the line to fix it you have to be very fast, I next day RED label almost everything. Thanks again for your input Trent. How much do you know about these drives? as far as the complete down & up to them and the shiming process?

Trent

Captain

Ken is the expert on these. You need help call him, He will not mind. Tell him I gave you his number.

IndySpecialty

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks trent for the info, I also got the shift cable. The owner of the boat found 1 some where, & it actually fit, And was very easy to install compared to MerCrusier ;)