1984 DT 50 Suzuki

NBSFA John

Recruit
I need info on oil mix and what thr RPM red line is. Also I want to get new Decals for the cap if possible. Thanks, john<br /><br />Serial # is 5001 205162

cclemon

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: 1984 DT 50 Suzuki

John,<br /><br />I have an 83 DT50. I run 50:1 on the mix it works fine. Here are a couple of things I learned with mine. It doesn't like to start if the timing is set after top dead center. I set it at top dead center at idle. The idle timing set is independant of other throttle positions. obviously if yours starts fine don't change it. The safety switch on the control set, the one you hook to your body in case you fall out it shuts the motor off. I think they call it the lanyard. The rubber cap that plugs onto that switch to keep it activated is kind of funnel shaped and after a number of years it has lost its shape allowing the swich to open even when the cap was plugged on. It took a long time to find the problem because it was so intermittant. some days it would work fine. Sometimes it would die on the lake. Sometime it wouldn't start. sometimes it cut in and out while running.