Yamaha Water pump impeller

JimH

Recruit
Engine: 1999 Yamaha 200 SS (SX200TXRX)<br /><br />I'd like to replace the fuel filter, water pump impeller, and air filter (?). Can anyone recommend a quality parts dealer (web preferred)?<br />I haven't taken the cover off this puppy yet (serviced by dealer up to this point), and my boss (also has a yamadog - 150 w/o efi) had trouble locating the air filter. I was surprised - is it difficult to locate? What type - paper / oil-soaked foam / what ? Any parts "upgrade / performance" suggestions?<br />I don't think replacing the water pump impeller would be too hard (looked at one web article on the subject). I've completed many successful non-outboard motor maintenance/repairs and have some high school "shop" class experience (2 ys of motorcycle specialty) - but no outboard experience. Any caution or experience out there that may cause me to change my mind?<br /> :rolleyes:

almost retired again

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Yamaha Water pump impeller

Hello Coach Jim;<br />There isn't much dust and dirt on any of the lakes that I've gone to. There is usually just an air silencer cover in front of the carbs,no air filter. I don't think that a water pump job would be too hard, it's pretty straight foward.<br />Good luck

JimH

Recruit
Re: Yamaha Water pump impeller

Interesting... even out on the water there are airborne particles and pollutants that (I imagine) an engineer would not want to have going through the system. Still - that would seem to agree with my boss' observation (and I noticed no mention of this in my owner’s manual!).<br /><br />Thanks for the kind wishes...<br /> :)