1979 DT50 Suzuki stator

jaredjen

Recruit
Hello,<br /><br />I am looking for a 1979 Suzuki stator for my outboard. The model is DT50, 50HP, Serial# 5001f12814. I took this motor to a Suzuki dealer last year. I prepaid for the stator at the time I dropped the motor off and was told the part was on backorder. After six months and several phone calls, I contacted the dealer and Suzuki of America with letters to each. Three days later I received a phone call from the dealer explaining that the part was discontinued 4 months after I paid for it. The dealer returned my money and left me without any information on how to replace this item. I have not found any aftermarket products for Suzuki customers. If anyone can help me on this item it will be greatly appreciated.

CAPTBLACKSMARINE

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 1979 DT50 Suzuki stator

jaredjen,i am a suzuki dealer here in florida .i am not sure about your stator ,but i will do some checking for you tomorrow at work and see what i can come up with and let you know what i find out.

Yepblaze

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 1979 DT50 Suzuki stator

Sister mtor. I had the parts book out to scan the shift linkage for that other guy with the DT65 and now I look at your serial number and mine was made a couple of units later DT50, 50HP, Serial# 5001f12817<br /><br />What was the symtom that led to the diagnosis?<br /><br />I know with my motor the spark was weak making it backfire and refuse to run or usually restart. I closed the plug gap down to around .018 or so and havent givin it a second thought since. Not the correct fix, but it's been at least a couple of years.