Yamaha P125A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatman

Recruit
Gidday from New Zealand. Ive bought a P125A Yamaha at auction in a spur of the moment hand raise. Can any one tell me size of the motor, year of manufature. Tag on side has P125A, GS24580, made in japan. thanks for your time.

inventor1

Cadet
Re: Yamaha P125A

whoaa..... I have that same motor, It is a air cooled 8hp i think??? I coulden't find parts for that thing to save my life!!<br />I don't know what the motor was designed for but it is very rare. Mine has good compresion but won't run?? I broke the pull starter and I searched for two weeks before giving up. it now collects dust in my back yard.. If you do come across any info let me know would ya.<br /><br />marcus@foldingfisherman.com

fone_man

Senior Chief Petty Officer

P125AG S24580<br /><br />YEAR: 1967<br />CODE: 618 (should be on plate)<br />MODEL: P-125AG<br />HP: 8HP

Fatman

Recruit

Thanks Inventor-1 and Fone-man for your replys. We had thought 12.5 hp and so did the local dealer.Sorry yours doesnt go Invevtor-1 , brought mine home from the auction put some fuel in it and up she fired. Drive and reverse lever was jammed so have had that to bits and freed up.Hopefully will all be back together soon ,put on the 10ft tinny and ready for a good summer down hear. Thanks again

mashby

Recruit

I also have one of these old Yamaha which is dual fuelled Petrol & parifin. Has anyone got any further details of this engine, Owners manula etc?

arwluker

Recruit

I have just purchased at a clearance sale a yamaha p125a gs24174 and it has never been run before it is in almost new condition.After checking it out I put in some fuel and it started second pull I was impressed.<br />Finding any info about this model is proving very difficult so any help would be much appreciated.

orca

Chief Petty Officer

G,Day, I just came across one of these motors last week. Carbys were full of stale fuel, Cleaned the fuel system out and it started second pull, great little motor.

Glenn NZ

Cadet

I had one of these. good engine. air cooled 125cc (hence p125a) can also run on kerosine the dealer told me who sold them new in 1970.

50:1 mix

Last edited by a moderator:

gwagen02

Recruit

I had one of these. good engine. air cooled 125cc (hence p125a) can also run on kerosine the dealer told me who sold them new in 1970.

50:1 mix

Hi, I am trying to find parts for the one I have
but it is like I am on the road to hell,

I live in the UK

Kind regards Chris.

gwagen02

Recruit

I also have one of these old Yamaha which is dual fuelled Petrol & parifin. Has anyone got any further details of this engine, Owners manula etc?

Hi, have you found out anymore on this engine, maybe I can help I do have one of them,

and I have got the work shop manual for the Yamaha P-125AG & P-125AK,

lifeforfish

Recruit
Hey qwagen02 , I have Yamaha P125A that needs some work and desperately looking for repair manual or technical information on carburetor, would it be too much to ask for a copy of yours, if you still have it? Maybe for small fee? I'd really appreciate it!!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Ancient thread. Please start a new thread if you are looking for answers. Look at the Help Tip on top of the page.

Not one of this posters in the thread visit iboats anymore.

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.