Yamaha Warning Buzzer - heating or charging?

Fabbit

Recruit
My 1998 C115 Yamaha warning buzzer goes off at high rpm - I've read the posts on this - doublechecked the water pump - no problem there - have thermosats on order<br /><br />Question - my Chilton (Seloc) manual indicates that Yamaha motors with the V76 charging system have a feature that causes the warning buzzer to sound and the RPM drop back when the charging system detects a loose battery connection - this is the EXACT same thing that is supposed happen when an overheat situation occurs.<br /><br />Has anyone heard of this - no mention in the owners manual or in the Clymers manual on this engine. I don't even know if the C115 uses this same charging system.<br /><br />thanks

Mikey39073

Recruit
Re: Yamaha Warning Buzzer - heating or charging?

Very interesting..I have 1994 Yamaha 115 and have had problem with the alarm coming on and RPM's limiting, and I have replaced impeller / O-ring..and it occasionally still<br />does it..as indicated, wait a few minutes and it will be fine again for some period. Also, I never lost my tell-tale..so I am very interested in this battery angle as I know my "A" battery is about shot... :D

LRV

Recruit

Fabbit:<br />Regarding the warning buzzer set up on the Yamaha V76 motors I have a 1997 225 EFI with the digital gauges and this is how it works:<br />Overheat Warning-The buzzer sounds<br />Speed is reduced to 2000 rpm and the indicator light on the gauge blinks.<br />Oil Level Warning-The same as overheat but the oil indicator on the gauge blinks.<br />Low Battery Voltage-The volt readout on the gauge shows the actual volts and the display blinks if the volts fall below 12. NO buzzer sounds in this case.<br /><br />I don't know if the C115 motors have the same exact charging system but I would doubt it.<br /><br />Hope this helped in some way!<br />Good Luck

Mikey39073

Recruit

:) <br />Have now run two weekends in a row with a brand new battery. There have been no alarms at all. Have run about 3 hours and logged about 45 miles...There just may be something to a bad battery or connection causing the alarm/RPM limiting issue...

Mikey39073

Recruit

:D <br />Okay, make sure your battery connections are clean and tight or check your battery. I ran 34 miles today with zero problems!!!! :)