1995 Suzuki 15 h.p. acts like it's out of fuel at full throttle

badmisterevil

Recruit
I recently purchased a boat with a 15h.p. Suzuki outboard. One of the problems that i'm trying to work through is why at full throttle the motor seems starved for gas. I can keep it running smoothly if I keep squeezing the fuel bulb, which is a real pain! The vent screw on the gas cap is open, and there is plenty of fuel. ????? any idea's.

corm

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: 1995 Suzuki 15 h.p. acts like it's out of fuel at full throttle

If the hose or gas fittings is not leaking<br />fuel then rebuild the pump or replace it.<br /><br />...have fun...corm

cpatchell

Recruit

I recently purchased a boat with a 15h.p. Suzuki outboard. One of the problems that i'm trying to work through is why at full throttle the motor seems starved for gas. I can keep it running smoothly if I keep squeezing the fuel bulb, which is a real pain! The vent screw on the gas cap is open, and there is plenty of fuel. ????? any idea's.

i have the same problem if you have gone through the carb and fuel pump replace te fuel line in the motor with the factory hose not just a piece of hose trust me on this one i made that mistake and put a new ball those suzukis pull a really high vacume on those balls spend the xtra money to get a good one not a walmart cheepy. and also make sure to flush the cooling system really good if the line is pluged that will do it to but with mine it was the hose in the motor and because i bought a fuel ball from wally world and plan on replaceing it each year

devndeb

Recruit

If you have a fuel/water seperator, it could be getting all them corn squezzins in it...I had that same problem on my DF-115...replaced that and it not only ran smooth as glass, but my MPH picked up by 1.5-2kts...just sayin!