What temp. guage for a yamaha

striper

Seaman
I have an 89, 220 hp yamah v6 excel and want to put on a temp guage and tach. Is there ones just for marine and what type would I use?? also is there a place on the motor where the the sending unit screw's into??

striper

Seaman
Re: What temp. guage for a yamaha

Mucho gracias schematic but I could not open the sender file I'll have to try again later.

petryshyn

Commander

if you can't open the sender file, its probably cause you need adobe acrobat reader. Its free. Just do a search for "adobe acrobat reader" and you'll find a free download site. (gotta have it)

petryshyn

Commander

getacro.gif
<br />click me

striper

Seaman

Schematic, WOW, what a great site lots of info. sounds like I need 2 sending units and a switch for the V6, is that how you read it ??

waterdowg

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Check out Faria instruments http://www.faria-instruments.com/index-new.html I purchased a watertemp gauge that attaches to the cyl head bolt. No drilling to the engine. Very easy install. They have all types of gauge and styles. Check them out, give them a call. They are very helpful.

petryshyn

Commander

striper<br /><br />Yes, if you want to monitor both head, you will need 2 senders and a switch